Monday, May 21, 2012

There stands a Tree

Damn those straps looks hot in the woods. Imagine it on a sunny fall day!

I have been a Certified TRX  Suspension Trainer Instructor for a while now, and a fan for significantly longer. I think they are an amazingly clever piece of fitness equipment. You can perform literally hundreds of exercises that engage the whole body in a functional and structural manner. By simply altering your body position in relationship to the anchor point, thus changing the applied loads by recruiting gravity in different ways, people of all fitness levels can be fully challenged with one piece of equipment. This is why I have come to like the TRX Suspension Trainer. 

Last weekend, I fell in love. 

The often advertised ability to take it wherever you go is a very appealing part of its marketing campaign. What looks better than a group of fit people working out overlooking the Golden Gate Bridge, or in the mists of the Muir hills? I certainly knew not. Then earlier this month I took mine out into the woods of Southern Michigan while on a weekend trip. A slice of heaven.

My view while working out
My TRX, the trees, and me. Forget the gym, forget the playground...forget the city! What a brilliant piece of equipment. While I like using it to train people in their buildings, homes, or neighborhood playgrounds, I now I know what I love using it for!

I am a rower, so I am showing off my best exercises here.

No comments:

Post a Comment